The Transportation Education Center is a 185,000-square-foot facility that houses the Automotive Technology, Aviation Technologies, and Aviation Management & Flight programs. A majority of the space is dedicated to the Automotive Technology program. This Facility includes:
- 3 Large Labs
- Lab 1: Alternative Fuels, Advanced Emissions Controls, Diesel, HVAC
- Lab 2: Basic Electrical, Body Electrical, Computerized Engine Controls
- Lab 3: Engines, Brakes, Steering & Suspension, Vehicle Stability, NVH
- 1 Transmission Lab
- 1 Body and Communication Lab
- 1 Engines Lab
- 1 Fabrication Lab
- 1 Two-wheel drive dynamometer
- 1 Four-wheel drive dynamometer
- 1 Transmission dynamometer
- 1 Engine test cell dynamometer
- 6 Classrooms
We are one of the elite programs in the nation to earn designation as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education Information (CIASE). The designation, earned in 2011 from the National Security Agency and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, means both federal agencies recognize the program’s information assurance curriculum and activities.
CIASE will prepare you for an ever-expanding career in Information Security and Information Assurance. You will learn and practice skills in the areas of programming, networking both LAN and WAN, system administration in both Windows and Linux architectures, and Virtualization technologies. The lab environments will give you an opportunity to take what you learn in class and apply it in real-time architecture.